Friday, June 25, 2010

About time another blog post appeared here.


You never know how stupid you can be. And even when you think you know, even when someone holds your hand and still loves you along the way, you go right ahead and be stupid all over again.

Jumping off a cliff isn't as easy as it looks. The sheer magnitude of what you are going to undertake confounds you, strips you of any courage and any bravado you might have had. You're left there, naked, shivering in the cold, taking small, tentative steps before you finally take the plunge.

Perhaps the tentative steps have been taken. Maybe they haven't. I could be still there, waiting, hoping for some miraculous force to push me over the edge.

I could be. My steps have been in the wrong direction, stupid actions and words causing me to shuffle backwards though I will myself forward.

Yet, when you hold my hand you don't just hold my hand. You're the miraculous force I've been waiting for. You hold my heart, you give me security, strength, peace, courage.

You give me your love with your touch.

The cliff is in front of me. I don't know if there's solid ground below but I know that one day, one beautiful day I'll fall, with you, into this space.

And we'll face whatever comes next together.

No comments: