Sunday, May 11, 2008

Responsibilities, responsibilities

What am I supposed to do?

I can't go for one CCA and not go for the other.

Yet I can't go for the other CCA and not go for this one.

I have a responsibility for both CCAs, but when both clash, what should I do?

I cannot take it as merit or core to decide, because that just isn't fair to my merit. Merit CCAs are still CCAs, aren't they?

To those who know what I'm going through, to those who know what I'm talking about, please, help me by just understanding what I feel.

I'm not sure what to do.

I'm not fading away or drifting away from choir, it's just that things happen, and I can't control all that happens. It just so happens that Infocomm clashes with a lot of choir stuff, for example the robotics people have to prepare for competition, staying back everyday. Commitment it is, but this reflects badly on my choir attendance. Mondays are the only time that I can actually sit down and plan something with my robotics sec three Ian, but that is also the time when I have to go for choir.

Granted that I have excuses from Infocomm teachers, but that just doesn't seem right to me. Excuses, in all validity, are still excuses. They are not reasons for anything whatsoever.

I can't be in two places at once.

I can't be singing in LT3 or leading combined in LT2 and still be able to be sitting in the robotics lab planning out the schedule for iPiC (inter-primary infocomm challenge) or sorting out the teams for NJRC.

There's so much to do for both CCAs.

I want to stay committed to both, but if this is the way that things continue, I guess that it's goodbye to one of them. And if you know my position in the choir, you will see that the choice of adieu will be quite an obvious one.

But this is not what I want.

I don't want to be labeled a quitter, labeled a leaver or even labeled as an irresponsible guy. I don't want myself to be labeled a drifter, I want to be part and play a part in both CCAs.

Shit happens, and it happens a lot to the people in the society.

Especially me.

Let me out of this conundrum of responsibilities! I need to regain my sanity and fix my heart that was damaged by comments, comments that perhaps to others did not seem like a serious one, but were comments that destroyed what I had felt for everyone in a certain CCA.

Yes, I am a drifter, but it's not my choice.

No comments: