Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Day 2

Today started off with a spontaneous waking up of all the people in my room at 6 am exactly. No idea why, but we all started waking up past 5.59 am although we set an alarm for 7 am.

In true Infocomm Club member/EXCO style, we all started using our laptops, attempting to use the internet through the free wireless that we have in all our rooms. But to our dismay and utter horror, we connected to the router but no connection to the internet! We had to wait till after breakfast, which took place at 7 am to 8 am, before getting back on the internet.

Breakfast today was toast, waffles, cereal and egg. Beverages included orange juice, milk, coffee and tea. No idea if we will get anything different tomorrow... Even not, I don't really mind eating the stuff listed above.

So we left the Comfort Inn at 9.30 am, leaving for HP Labs. Cameras were not allowed inside, so this is the only picture that I can post up on this blog:
What I can say is that HP Labs was quite a let down for myself personally. I thought we would be able to experience or at least see some of the new technologies that come out of the Labs. However, we were merely introduced to all the older stuff that have come out of the Labs, did not even get to see the memristor...

Having lunch in their canteen, I must say that I have consumed one of the most oily lunches in my life. It was a grilled double cheese, double bacon burger, with oil lining the plate. Tasted not too bad, but I really cannot say that it agrees with my stomach cause I have not been eating oily food for a long long time.

After lunch, we made a trip down to the Intel Museum. Really beautiful Intel sign just outside the museum. We spent about 20 min taking pictures around there:

Sign outside the museum

Sign on the glass door of the museum

Sign inside the museum

Inside the museum, we got to see the history of the company Intel, with us learning the processes behind the making of your Intel chips that power your computer. Also, we saw how the chips have changed over the years.

I bought an Intel stress ball!!!


After that, we went to the Great Mall for dinner. Yes, the Great Mall, not the Great Wall. Super large mall, that me and the rest of the Infocomm EXCO walked around 3 times over. Reason for this? We missed the stores we wanted to go to: missed RadioShack by walking past it because Zewei wanted to get scammed by a Tetris style game, missed Claire's cause we did not see it when walking past it by looking at only the centre aisle.

Uneventful time after that, including the fact that we had to wait 15 min for Zewei to buy stuff from a certain store.

MacDonald's for dinner, so nothing much to talk about that.

Back to the hotel room at about 7.30 pm.

No comments: