Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Lag

For the first time this year.

2008.

A fresh new start of misery and sadness.

Farewell for choir was quite a long time back, last year in fact. 29th of December.

Was not what I can call a success, but we kind of pulled it off. The only thing that I am disappointed about is that I did not play much of a role in the planning, organizing or even during the event itself.

I cannot comment much about the overall success as I did not stay till the end but feedback from some people seem to show the lack of decision making abilities that we have. It was draggy and laggy, causing the overall feel to be boring. We could have done better, but as we have no longer any farewells to plan, we definitely will not have much of a chance to do so.

Ben Low's song, "You're here in the song", was a special piece that we had put together for the secondary fours, entirely composed and performed by B.E.A.T.S. (if this seems unfamiliar, I will explain it in another post at a later time). Somehow, we were not convincing as performers. :( Need to improve on stage presence, connection with audience and overall performance. Our singing might be there, but we fall way short in performing. Must improve so that we won't screw up our RE cum performance this year.

As we look forward to the new year ahead, I need to make a few resolutions:
1. Help my section (tenor as of now) improve so that we will not be scolded anymore
2. Work harder so that I can get a better GPA (3.82 now, aiming for 3.9)
3. Work more in Infocomm and on the robots, perhaps imparting more knowledge to the juniors

Here's wishing all a blessed and great new year!

No comments: