Thursday, January 3, 2008

Me

Well then, I guess it's time to talk a little bit more about me.

Name: Matthew
D.O.B: 26/01/92
Age: 15 going on to 16 in about 23 more days :)
School: Raffles Institution

That's the bare minimum of facts about me.

But let's not stop here. In a previous post I mentioned something about an a cappella group that goes by the name of B.E.A.T.S.

Well, I belong to this awesome group of 11 people that are in quite an attempt to sound better than that which a synthesizer can do. Here's a really, really old video to show you what I meant by that:




Well, if that video worked, I guess you can now see what I mean. (and yes, we have already improved from that standard) We sing, without music in the background or drums to give us our beat. Everything is done, believe it or not, with our vocals. So far, we have had performances for the Singapore busking festival in 2007 in aid of the Singapore Bone Marrow foundation. Hopefully we can do the same next year, with a better song repertoire. Oh yeah, the links on the side of my blog are mostly to the people from this group, so check their's out. For songs, check out guanwei's blog, there is a playlist there. :)

Back to me. I am currently in Secondary 4 and am proud to be part of a totally mugger class of 4A. New year means new teachers and I am currently quite happy with most of them. Hopefully, I will be able to maintain my current GPA standard, if not improve.

That's all that I can think of now. When I think of more, I will post again!

No comments: