Thursday, March 12, 2009

A little reminder

Remember in the previous post I mentioned something about a spastic SPA? Well, it turns out that I didn't do as badly as I had imagined.

Well, today was the last day of Term 1 of my JC life. How quickly time has flown and how much time I have wasted.

I was keen to work hard, motivated by the makeup of my current class. Keeping that up for a few weeks seemed manageable at first, until I succumbed to temptations of relaxation and basically slacking.

I have back-slided. I have not completed or fulfilled any of the goals I had set out for myself, academic or not. I have failed thus far.

It is fitting that this post serves as a reminder to me as I type it out that the final goal of my academic life in RI(JC) is not as far as I might like to believe. I said so myself during Econs class today.

This is a reminder to me to stop slacking and start working. They say that life is not just about academics, but I beg to differ now. I am a student, a occupation that can be found on many of the internet drop-down lists during registrations. It is a duty, a burden but burdens only make one stronger.

I am in no way on par with anyone in my class. I can be considered one of the weakest relatively and thus am in no position to procrastinate, slack or waste my time away.

I need to start working harder, smarter, faster. I need to stop whatever I am doing wrong and start doing things the right way. I need to stop failing in my self-discipline, stop failing to control my urges to watch videos or surf websites online.

I have a potential to fulfil. I cannot let the people who have expectations in me down. I cannot fail my own self-pride.

I cannot fail myself anymore.

This may perhaps be one of the last posts on this blog for a long, long time. Should there be an update in the near future, it will be one of necessity, or I may have changed my mind and decided that time is not wasted here... let's see how it goes.

Until next time, this blog and blogger bids adieu to the blogosphere.

No comments: